Mission Statement: To provide information, support, and a means of communication for those diagnosed with benign brain tumors.
• start & participate in the blogs
• contribute jokes, funny stories or funny pictures to "Comic Relief"
All donations go towards operational expenses.
'Benign' Does Not Mean 'Harmless' - Exploding the Myth Behind 'Benign' Brain Tumors
By Emma Flixton
Hello It's Just Benign members. Please take a few moment to read this important notice about the future of IJB.
Unfortunately, IJB is on it's last leg. We’ve been in dire need of volunteer time and donations for a few years now. We have managed the best we can as a volunteer managed organization, without any continuous or steady support in time. Please understand that IJB might not be around for more than a few months because we lack support from the virtual community we have created.
Although IJB provides services to all benign BT survivors and educates others about the serious consequences of this diagnosis, we have very few who assist with our mission.
IJB does not just represent a few survivors; we represent a community of over 1,300 benign brain tumor survivors. We've shared the incredible stories of many members no matter what kind of benign brain tumor and no matter how severe or minimal the side effects. Our members are able to share their stories and feel like they can receive REAL support from benign tumor survivors.
We've raised awareness for many types of survivors including: a girl who had a feeding tube attached to her for 2 years due to her tumor, a young man whose tumor went from his spine to his brain, and even folks who connected with a rare tumor type on IJB (one in Africa & 1 in NJ).
If you look at the forum "What makes you cringe?", members all state that there is little to no support for them. If we work together to support each other, everyone can benefit. IJB could be the mecca for all benign brain tumor survivors; listing all support groups, events, all types of help, etc. At this point, IJB can't afford to continue the monthly digest newsletters or tech support. We can continue paying for the website until the funds diminish. The website should run at least for 6 more months.
Below, we've listed a few ways to help. If you’re interested in doing so, thank you. The time to help is now and IJB will not sustain itself without the help of the members its been serving since 2006.
1. Place brochures in doctors' offices.
2. Create an information table with IJB literature at your local hospital, pharmacy, etc.
3. Assist IJB & cultivate businesses to advertise online. Such businesses could include a neurologist, MRI facility, pharmacy, audiologist or really any business.
4. Hold a small fundraiser at your home or elsewhere.
5. Blog/email about how IJB is helping you & over a thousand survivors internationally
6. Tell any radio host/web personality about IJB and see if they'd be interested in interviewing the founder of IJB and you (to discuss why IJB is important).
7. Connect with IJB members and encourage them to volunteer alongside with you.
BIG NEWS for all of our supporters...The "It's Just Benign" Store is OPEN! Head on over to http://www.cafepress.com/itsjustbenign. You'll find a great selection of t-shirts, bags, clothing and more. Please feel free to shop and support our cause.
Please support the continuation of this website by making a tax-deductible donation.
You are disconnected from chat. Connect to join the chat.
Sign up to chat on It's Just Benign.